Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Raid Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelblow
In-Game Lowest Rank

re: Feng the Accursed is making me curse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_25883&feature=iv&src_vid=zb9LSvpiQbI&v=O4JVwz91gns

This Boss is getting on my nerves so I decided to watch this video more closely. From watching the video I see a few things:

1. Phase 1: Range can be near the melee. Being near the melee allows for ranged to get inside the Barrier during Epicenter and use AoE heals. Otherwise, we use Shroud of Reversal to stun him, but if that fails then everyone stacks on ranged for heals. (It shouldn't fail, I realize why I wiped the raid last night)

2. Phase 2: The boss is tanked in the center with ranged stacked on melee positioned behind the boss. This makes better use of AoE heals. Everyone places the fire dot on 1 set location so the tank with Nullification Barrier get absorb all the fire. This is also a DPS gear check phase because it is preferred that Feng casts Draw Flame only three times. Tank with SoR can steal the stacking dot attack from Feng and use it on him.

3. Phase 3: Everyone moves towards the boss but remains a few yard apart since Arcane Velocity is the opposite of Epicenter. Again hop into the shield and run out before the cast finishes to avoid Arcane Resonance damage. Tank with SoR can steal Arcane Velocity.

4. Phase 3: Hybrids can throw down heals during massive AoE damage phases to help the healers. Lights Hammer, Healing Rain, ect.

5. For tonight's raid (Wed. 12/5) here is the macro I use to steal Lightning Fist from Feng:

/tar OTHER TANK'S NAME HERE
/click ExtraActionButton1
/tar lasttarget

The OT needs to cast this immediately when Feng casts Lighting Fist. The MT must be hit by the spell in order to capture it. Somehow Ejunk was dodging it and I was unable to grab it and instead would get Epicenter or Lighting Lash. If you capture the wrong spell, use it immediately because there is a 60 sec. cooldown to it.

This is a repost with minor editing from the facebook page post. Hope this helps!

-Angelblast
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Raid Strategies All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: