Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

re: Warrior Debuffs, use 'em. All specs, all the time.

Going through the parses im not seeing us apply our dots and debuffs enough.

adding these to the mix is what makes our hyrid class valuable in a 10 ten man raid comp. to maximize our value as a class i expect us to improve this.

redo your specs and get the needed things ready, macros for stance dancing, raid frames, whatever, get the info you need and begin adding this to the kill bag

DoTs & Debuffs

-piercing howl should be s mainstay in your heroic and even raid setup. good for multiple and single targets

-intimidating shout should ALWAYS be up, refresh it when it falls off. good for multiples and singles

-dont forget to stance dance to arms for shattering throw, this is HUGE dps boost for the whole riad or party and is one of the few stances dances i find worth it .dont do this as MT unless you are safe enough to swap, cast and swap back. crushes single target armor for the whole rid or party

-get your bleeds up by speccing deep wounds, great way for ot to hold multi mobs and singles target tank to generate more threat with no work

-refresh thunderclaps to always have it up and to always refresh rend. good for single or multiples.

-disarm. great on single targets and helps mana conservation. use it everytime it's off cd as a tank. .

-spell reflect. multiple or single casters. protects up to 3 raid members, adds threat and applies whatever they were casting on themselves. nice debuff.

-last but not least interrupt. you should be interrupting every single thing you can every single time its off cd. i dont judge s good raid member by his or her dps, but by their raid awareness. taking a dps hit is smarter than making a healer deplete their mana.

work these in in every pull and youve increased your toolbox, and we;re all about tools down here.

My invitation to the dance came just the other night on Halfus, after initially picking up a drake and holding it until the whelps were down my tank services were no longer required. I switched to arms equiped my two handed weapon and basically converted to dps. This did not happen on our first, second or third attempt but on our final attempt. So the effectiveness of the conversion aided in our success. As a tank I was only putting out 5.6k dps, after the stance dance conversion it went up to about 7k. Not much but enough to make a difference. This is very much part of raid awareness and everyone should examine their roles after we bang our heads against the wall and wipe several times. These kind of subtle changes in the dynamics can make the difference. Cata is very demanding and raid awareness is key to success. BTW I hate tanking but will do/try whatever we need to do to get through. It may not be pretty at first but hopefully I'll get used to the role I'm playing.

Perfect point. We need to look at everything we do and ask how can i get a little more. be aware of a fights mechanics , your raids abilities and your entire toolbox. we can and do dominate dps boards by effectively knowing our role and being sure to use every second of up time to do 2 things: dps hard, take minimal damage. think about what fenn and i posted and work it into your daily routing when questing or pvping.

Jump to: