Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

re: Warrior Raid Requirement, all specs, for 4.1

Due to the new ability that will be available to all warriors from the trainer on patch day when 4.1 drops, which i think will be this tues (4/26) or at the latest the following tuesday, all raiding warriors must have some sort of full raid window, or raid health indicator on their screen. if you dont like wasting the space, find an addon that works but i want you to be aware of the raids health at any given time.

with:

Rallying Cry (new ability) is available from trainers at level 83. It temporarily grants the warrior and all party or raid members within 30 yards 20% of maximum health for 10 seconds. After the effect expires, the health is lost. It has no cost, no stance requirements, and is not on the global cooldown. It has a 3-minute cooldown, but also shares a cooldown with Last Stand.

we will be able to stave off single ally deaths or even prevent wipes (every 3 mins) if used effectively, in ten mans this is crucial. In best case scenario raid lead will call for this when needed, but i expect you to take initiative in situations that call for it, which requires you have awareness of your teams health.

I recommend you keybind it in a handy spot and practice using it as often as possible in 5 mans to gain an understanding of its effectiveness, weaknesses, and any way we can game the system.

For instance i see it shares a cooldown with Last Stand but if you have a fury warrior pop his soon after a warrior tank uses Last Stand, will it give that tank a stacked effect? Maybe a macro that announces youve cast it and casts your enrage regen at same time will also refill more health for you and at the same time it will inform the raid they should pop anything similar to draught off of our effect.

Get the timing down, become expertly familiar at its best use as fast as possible and be ready to explain its use to your raid leads if they arent aware.

Add any ideas, concerns or best practices, or questions and criticisms please add below, and feel free to be long winded.. an informed warrior is one Beeastt wont eat, he promises.Really.

Interesting new talent. I haven't been keeping up on patch notes as much as I should but that definitely has some implications for us healers...specifically when the ability goes away do you loose the extra health or anything above your "normal" max health. There are some fights where this could trick me into thinking things were better than they really are; on the other hand it could buy me the couple of cooldowns to catch up - or combine it with a tranquility from a boomkin and an aoe heal from someone else and we got a ton of healing going on...
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

i think it will function like a warriors regular last stand, where the effect is gained until expired and then the additional hea;lth pool reverts to normal.

i agree it, and all things like it should be communicated to the raid, for the reasons you addressed above. rsa spell announcer is a great addon with minimal configuration that handles this, altho sometimes people might take it the wrong way, .

saved a few heroic wipes using the new talent. i wait til i see any raid party member drop below 25% and i pop it, even if i myself arent in danger at the time. be SURE you have a raid health frme for your team up, and clearly visible. if you find an addon that announces ANY raid members health when it gets below a set %.

also be sure to explain the talent to your pug ( and new guild) healers before the run starts, so they are aware of what and how it works, also announce via a macro or in vent when possible, that it has been cast, and when it is about to end. im guessing rsa spell announcer will have an update to cover that.

remind your raid lead at the start of the night that it needs to be factored in to the healing rotation, and be prepared to use it on HIS cll, not yours, if thats how he prefers it.

i HIGHLY suggest you macro any self healing, pots, cookies etc that extend heth on no or separate cd's to this new tlent, to maximize its use.

if you are the tank that pops lst stand or rallying-cry, they both go on 3 min cd.

-if YOU are in danger but the raid has good health then just pop last stand .

-if the raid is in trouble or you AND the raid are having trouble or expect a lot of incoming damage pop rallying -cry.

the reason is last stand gives 30% of max health pool over 20 sec, whereas rallying-cry gives ALL raid members 20% of their maximum health over 10 sec.

one choice is more health and longer time but only for the tank, while the other is less health and time but effects everyone.

know when to use one, and when to use the other, and use them every time they are off their 3 mind cd. they give your healers time to regen, if used in conjunction with their specials.

this is a HUGE buff when used correctly, there should be trumpet swhen we use it!

Gotta work it in the rotation for sure, and if theres more than one warrior in the party Bonus!

That could work well with the prot pallys ability to reduce the damage taken of the raid/group by 20% for 10 seconds i think has to be speced into it and does not afect the casting pally
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

nice, that will be something we can coordinate if i ever have your or jason back tanking

Jump to: