Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

re: April 13th

Ok so tonight was a great night. We got Magmaw, ODS and Halfus down realitively quickly (under an hour). From there we went to Maloriak and I think we learned some important things.

1) Phase 1 it is important to
a) Stack on red (pirt's totems give us a nice visual of where to stand.)
b) Spread out on blue - if you have biting cold you need to run away except the interrupter and tank.
c) on green phase he hurls you away and it is important for the interrupter to get back quickly to interrupt the next lightning storm. Also, he should be tanked away from the adds during this phase.

2) Phase 2
a) Badear should be picking up the adds that spawn hopefully before they fixate on someone and become untauntable. If he doesn't get them in time you need to kite it.
b) All dps should be on boss during this time.

I still think we did a great job getting to phase 2 and even not figuring out what we were doing wrong till the end we had him below 5% a couple times. Please let me know if you saw anything else that we need to do differently.
Pirtuk
In-Game Rank 2
The Casual

Towards the end of the night I was asked to save heroism until the second green phase.

I don't think that worked near as well. I know I am a numbers guy and not supposed to believe in intangibles, but I think the momentum we gained by doing so well in Green 1 carried us through Green 2.

Thoughts?

- Pirt
OH NO Herdsman

Yeah, I think we've got the kinks mostly worked out now. Hee, I said kinks.
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

I agree pirt that I like it in phase one. The one time I asked you to save it was because we had not had a full wipe (I think about 5 of us survived the reset) and heroism was not ready for those 5. So rather than only have it hit half us I asked you to hold it. Normally pop it in Green phase one:)
SGAislyn
In-Game Rank 2
The Casual

Consuming flames during the red phase - affected player runs away from the group and ANNOUNCES they have it - healer has to throw them some extra heals or they die fast
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

Ok so I guess there is some spell that he casts that causes him to heal himself and it ticks for quite a bit. I am not sure since I don't have the parse from last time but we need to make sure that we either dispell him or spellsteal it off him. Please help me remember this.
SGAislyn
In-Game Rank 2
The Casual

Remedy, I believe - kudos to Knave for remembering to Tranq Shot it off
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

it would be helpful to melee, especially for interrupts (until 4.1 at least), if we tank him a little further from the cauldron, to allow us to attack from behind to mitigate parry and block.

also we need to tank the adds as far away from the maloriak at all times to avoid him getting their stacking buff.

last but not least people were dying to fire at the end, if we can improve how we position him, (or how we move as dps & heals) for a minute or less we'll have the firepower to end the fight.

we're right there on the verge!

p.s.- apropos of nothing, did you see that in addition to dk's warlocks are also getting a b-rez? With that and Dark Intent we need to get a lock as a caster dps!

Hey Toomey, do you also have a buff (for casters) as holy, or is that only in disc? i seem to recall a buff or proc that priests would cast on high dps casters last xpac.

Do you mean Focus Magic?
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

i think thats it

Jump to: