Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffygriff
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

re: July 23rd Shannox

I think we have the strategy down beautifully, but there are a couple of issues.

1. The main tank keeps dying in the last phase, which is an automatic wipe. Is this a healing issue, a tank gear issue, or something we're missing about the fight mechanics?

2. DPS is awfully low, although everyone's has been steadily improving. Right now we're just barely able to beat the enrage timer.

Both of these problems can be solved with better gear all around. I'm available to tank ZA/ZG pretty much any night of the week, so just hit me up in gchat when you want to go.
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

uploading log now

The Helpful

Some people in the Tankspot forums have said that it's best to reset the tanks' debuff right before you kill Riplimb and go into the last phase.

Also, a lot of people said they only put dpsers with a threat dump (hunters, mages, and rogues) on Shannox after Rageface dies, and the the dps who have no threat dump go straight to Riplimb. Once Riplimb dies, everyone dumps their threat so the offtank will be #2 on Shannox's threat list, and therefore can take over if/when the main tank dies.
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

I'm not seeing anything as far as changes that Nei could've made mechanically speaking. I see mostly Melee, Arcing Slash & Jagged Tear consistent with very minimal Oh Crap! traps & fire dmg. Whether there's gear changes that might help or if it's a heal thing... not sure.

Not gonna sugar coat research results, our HPS is low compared to other guilds. Druids seem to be rocking Shannox. Every other guild I looked at seemed to have a druid on top. Most had Healers at 10k+ across the board, we aren't hitting 10 yet but close. Another thing that will help healers... There were a few Ni getting in traps and Fire Spew stuff which is avoidable, everyone just has to be more aware of where everything is and we'll be ok.

Our DPS was low but as Gucci's calculations have shown, we can down him. Also that Stellar run where he was at 3% with Griff down! In 10's we totally have it & it's worth visiting in 25s when all healers are here.

EXCELLENT idea on DPS with threat dumps! We'll try it next run!

The Casual

One thing that might help on heals for raid heals is if peeps dont run away from the healer. There was more than once i was casting a heal and the person ran out of range before it went off so there was 2 seconds wasted and hps went down. i myself could use a little more practice on healing the encounter.
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

Also on my heals I purposely traded hps for extra dps on the boss. And when I look at healing it looks like feaver and dlmok were helping out a lot on nei. I know Nei takes a lot of extra damage especially at the end. I can do more heals than I was but I was using my extra cooldowns doing damage b/c I thought they weren't needed for healing (didn't realize he was getting so many heals from other healers).

I also agree with dlmok that when I was raid healing people were constantly running out of range. Even the tanks were hard to keep track of some of the time.

Finally, as soon as the last dog goes down we definitely need two and maybe all three healers spamming heals on Nei...he was taking over 20k damage per second...and that will take everything two healers have to keep him up.
dlmok
In-Game Rank 8
The Casual

When the last dog goes down then Griff's heals can switch to Nei and the raid heals can throw a little his way. The other thing I noticed was the spear attack was hitting a lot more peeps after the last dog went down keeping raid heals busy on raid and little to no time to throw Nei heals. Its going to take some practice on the encounter.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: