Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

re: Warriors who want to raid, heres how:

KWSN (Knights Who Say Ni) wants to make sure our growing numbers are happy. To that end we are looking to add to our 10 man raid roster. We are investigating the viability of running 25 man content or fielding a second 10 man team. As such we are putting the word out on what our expectations will be for raiders in our respective classes.

The following is a rough set of standards for the Warrior Class and those who wish to raid with KWSN. That said, standards don't make raiders. show me you CAN raid and you WILL raid.[/color]

1)Post below letting me, or whomever replaces me, know you are interested. If i don't answer you fast enough, collar me in game. I will evaluate your gear, spec and build, but I'm not Odin, action is what matters not my guesses. That said,

2)You need to set up a run with one of our main healers. This is on you. Im not going to be your social secretary nor are our healers. If you want to raid, arrange a run with one of the healing crew. After the run ask them to speak with me, or let me know yourself that you finished a trial 5 man and I'll track your healer and party members down for their frank assesments.

What i want to know from the healers is are you an idiot? Did you stand in fire/defile/whatever. Were you smart with your interrupts? Did you know when to get out of aoe even if it meant a dps loss to allow healers to manage their mana? Dps is a dime a dozen. Melee dps a penny a dozen. Smart melee dps? Worth its weight in gold. If youre a tank, the invitation to raid may be more easily given, but will not be any easier in execution or in keeping it.

3) Once i say your gear, build, and spec are fine and the healers can agree you aren't a waste of space who's sole job is to eat their mana while breaking cc and generally causing mayhem to the raid, then I will pass this on to you along with a can of dwarven stout and a hearty handshake. From then on you may sign up on the calendar, and be on the roster. This doesn't mean you'll be raiding right away, but you are now ready to be inserted into the fray when and where our GM thinks you'll be a good fit.

Those are the standards to get into the raid. Once in, the bar is far higher to STAY in. Here are my personal expectations of our classmates.

1)If you are DPS, be exceptional: Know when to break off, know when to charge in, know when to walk away, know when to run...ahem pardon me..Sometimes knowing when to STOP dps is as important as doing high DPS. We are melee dps in the worst melee dps xpac since the games release. EARN your spot.

2) Be Prepared: Yes, i was a Boy-Scout, but the phrase works here too. Being prepared means having the right gear, with the best gems and enchants, or second best if its a lower ranked item and its early in the xpac.

Know the fights. This means watching multiple videos and reading as much as you can on what you will be facing. If there is a role u will be expected to fill, like interrupts or kiting, then you better be running 5 mans all week practicing your job until you know it cold.

3) Be Prepared: Having ALL YOUR OWN mats/pots/flasks/food/and raid materials. Yes we have feasts and guild cauldrons but a raid spot is earned. Earn it by being ready and doing the work yourself.

4) Be Prepared: Being prepared also means knowing the loot that will drop from the bosses we're fighting, wether you need it and an idea of how much you will bid in dkp (as well as your dkp balance). Also please have any item enhancements (like gems, belt buckles enchant mats) so if you win the item you can equip it right away and be ready to use its upgraded effects to assist the raid in downing the next target. If we have to port you to SW and back so you can do this i will look disfavor-ably upon you.

5)Be Prepared. Be at the rally point 10 minutes before the scheduled time, to assist in last minute preparation. Do not expect a summons. This is lazy. The raid has been on the calendar since the first of the month. If youre working and know you will be right at the buzzer to raid time, then log out at the rally point the last time you are on, with all your raid mats and fully repaired. Then when you log in for the raid, youre at the right spot with the right items, ready to raid. Why should 9 other people be forced to wait for you? Think of the TEAM.

6) Be Awesome to Each Other: Last and not least, we're a team. With all the fun and sometimes crap that goes with it. We have to manage ourselves and our interpersonal relationships within the guild in this light. It ISNT about YOU, regardless what your mommy might have told you. We're a team. Dont pick fights, dont break guild chat rules, dont be a cupcake when it comes to gear or mats or money. Sometimes you may just need to swallow your witty comment and go to bed with the warm feeling of having been a good teammate rather than getting a zinger out, deal with it. We're a TEAM.

I've not posted any sites with gear lists, glyph choices, spec builds etc. Do some research, then see me and we'll compare notes. I can give you a list but id rather see what and more importantly WHY you chose what you chose.

I may have missed some things, i generally do. See me in game. Im approachable, never mind talking or helping, so dont be afraid, i rarely bite. twisted

Once again, post below to let me know your interest.

Hello I have a warrior (medrack) that has a main DPS, and a lesser geared tank spec. I would like to make my warrior available for the two raid groups that are going on right now.

Thank You in advance,

Blaze/Less/Medrack
Fennrarr
In-Game Lowest Rank
The Casual

I want to raid 24/7

medrak is raid ready and is also an excellent off tank for the magmaw and maloriak adds, having successfully completed beth encounters.

this fenn guy tho, kinda sketchy....:P

besides myself and badear, these are the only warriors who have expressed raid interest and been vetted. both fenn and I have a tank off set and spec.

Guccipower is looking for a raid spot. Tank/Arms. Also looking for a spot on my shammy, mage, or any toon for that matter.....

The Helpful

Gucci,

We have had open spots on both wed and sat lately so please show up and we can work you in on any toon you want to run that particular night (I can swap to stynete or go dps if you want to heal) and a mage with timewarp is always a good thing:)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Warrior All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: