Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

re: ATTN Toomey & the old men & Ais

Keeping our teams focusing on different progression bosses has turned out to be fabulous in my opinion. It provides both teams with a surplus of subs and gives both teams a goal that surpasses personal gain, both teams have a goal to help the guild. While Old Farts know that it's their goal to get the BWD bosses to their final resting place, Team Short is digging graves for our lovely baddies in BoT.

Now the issue, as I'm reading up on Ascendent Council & the comments are saying "don't expect to be geared for council from only drops off other 2 bosses". Now these posts were before ZG/ZA gear was released so maybe things have changed, I know personally speaking alot of my upgrades are ZA/ZG drops > beginning boss drops. However if we get roadblocks we'll have to BWD for mag, ods, & mal drops so can you guys keep us posted on your plans(extensions/subs you'll need/ect) & hopefully we can still try coordinate nights incase subs are needed. Really trying to stay separated, can't explain how much easier it was last thursday to be able to borrow from you guys without worrying about messing up your lockout!

The Helpful

Something that I would like to add to that too is that I think some liberal subbing is not bad...for instance how else would you have figured out about priest bubbles than to have me come in and heal through it the best way I know how...and I think you guys can add something to our raids too by bringing in extra talents...for instance on mal I need to get blazenharry to keep target as raid boss with mage nuggets up so he can spell steal remedy right away while aoe'ing down the adds since he doesn't actually need to target one of them to do it...that should help out our hunters...

anyways the gains can be really big by having two different groups that while not totally diff in the way we do things do bring fresh eyes to a fight when you have been pounding your head up against the wall for a while.
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

Blazen is an exception. I normally use Less so Harry has no lockout. But the only way Team Short can borrow Stynus bubble is by Old Farts not going there. But say we end up having to farm Magmaw & i need Harry's mage to slow worms, it's going to take uber communication to keep the sub system efficient. I know I need my raiders, you need your raiders & we both need DL because he's just that schmexy. ;) Cross team subbing has been working & I love the option... It's kinda like borrowing a cup of sugar hehe. We gotta make sure we communicate a ton though. Having said that I'm going to need to borrow some heals Next Tuesday/Thursday & the following Tuesday/Thursday. Aryella will be out of town.

P.S. Toomey & the Old Men sound like a Holiday Inn lounge band. Blue Tux's your raiding uniform?

The Casual

I feel that if we need to go else where it should be conclave of winds i think we have gotten to a point where we have our moving down enough to do it.
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

team short?!?

The Helpful

Short right now I am still scheduled to be in school and if that holds true then I should be able to sub for heals next week...if not then I will be dealing with flooding and may be out for quite a while...
Fennrarr
In-Game Lowest Rank
The Casual

I'd like to suggest that we swap out occassionally so that the same gear is not de'd. take tonights raid in BWD how many pieces went to de that a member of team short could use. Now they are Maelstrom crystals that are worth 1/4 what they used to be. Think about it if you dont need anything off the boss thats in play swap out and gear somebody that could use an item or needs to learn the fight. I know this will be impossible for a raid leader to keep up with so the individual raider should step up and ask if somebody needs anything off of Magmaw, Halfus, ODS, Val...etc. Now not to away from the integrity of the raid group this should be limited to only a few toons swapping and the person coming in should be a proven raider that will not disrupt the flow of the raid and step out if the original team member needs something on the next boss or has been working the progression of a boss fight.

Shortngeeky wrote:
team short?!?

eithoer team could but i was refering to the old farts
dlmok
In-Game Rank 8
The Casual

agree with Fenn and i will set out whenever dont care that much about the gear it will come sooner or later
Griffygriff
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

The two subs from Team Short DID get some gear last night. We just had bad luck with the other drops.
ejunk
In-Game Lowest Rank
The Helpful

I'll tell you what I'm thinking - after we (Team Short) down Ascendent Council (tonight, probably, right? right!), we should start to plan out a team mix-up. maybe not next week, but soon. we'll swap out, say, 5 team short for 5 team old fart trying to prioritize switches by two things:

1) gear and who is "more" likely to get gear in the other raid (not sure if this is possible to calculate, really) and
2) experience - people who have NEVER done fights in the other raid should go in order to get experience with those fights. learning them with an experienced group will really, really help you get them down fast. I can attest to this after subbing with old farts for the atramedes first kill.

thoughts?

yrs-
Ejunk!
SGAislyn
In-Game Rank 2
The Casual

I definitely like the idea of subbing out more often, both from a gear standpoint (the hunter BIS bow drops off T&V - obviously Zulika should get it first) and from an experience standpoint - after all our ultimate goal IS (still, I hope) a good 25 man team, so we all need to learn to work with each other. Might want to start with two or three subs though, not sure if subbing out fully 1/2 of the team wouldn't lead to a lot of frustration while so many learn the mechanics.
Griffygriff
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

Subbing 2-3 for the farm bosses (Halfus, Magmaw, ODS, possibly Maloriak) seems to be working well, and it's often necessary anyway for both teams. I think we should try to keep the teams consistent for the progression bosses, though. If Team Short had 4 people from Toomey and the Old Men and Ais (TOMA?) on the council fight, it would be a frustrating mess.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: