Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

re: May 5th Team Short

Well we learned 2 very important things:

Death by blue balls sucks
Priest Bubbles FTW

As is turns out priest bubbles + Hots = Winning. If a lone ni gets marked for death, it is not fatal with bubbles but controlling goo was still hard to manage. One thing I noticed is we have to watch dragon breath. Not sure if people were too far out to run in or just focused elsewhere but that was leading cause of early death. We are definitely doing better & brought dragons below 50% so next weeks goal is 50% better ;)

In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

Re: Valiona and Theralion [10]

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:24 am
We have our entire raid stacked in melee for the entirety of the Theralion phase. This makes it so that meteor damage is pathetic. Whenever someone gets Engulfing Magic they simply run out. The only time anyone dies is if the engulfing magic target doesn't realize that they have it. Having everyone topped off should prevent Engulfing Magic deaths.

We've had our resto druid and myself (affliction warlock with dots on both dragons) get targeted and no one dies... I'm thinking that you've either got people not topped off or the engulfing magic target is taking far too long to get away.

The key to Engulfing Magic is simply to notice when it is cast on you. If you keep casting your damaging spells, people will die. Otherwise, you'll be fine. For instance, our resto druid had plenty of HoTs ticking but the damage everyone was taking was pathetic. However, I had a nuke go off and everyone around me got hit for 40-50k. My dots, however, were only ticking for about 4-5k.

If someone gets engulfing magic, they have to stop casting and leave immediately. Doing so will result in no deaths. This will take practice.

The Helpful

I was actually wondering why everyone didn't just stack up in the Theralion phase. The only problem I could see is dealing with Fabulous Flames.
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

Yeah theory is if 3 are out, no flames hit middle. & i was a noob thinking fabulous flame hit after a meteor... i got it figured out now i hope. call it my idiot move of the month.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: