Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

re: April 27th

Ok, so a couple things that jump right out:

1) I need to do a better job of explaining all the mechanics (I know we all hate Jasons "short" notes but there is a reason that we started giving them and that they work). Even when someone "knows" the fights blizzard is hot fixing them all the time and we need to make sure that they are up on our strat and the latest mechanics.

2) We need people to use the calendar or at least send an in game mail...no biggie if you need to miss for whatever reason...biggie if you can't at least say so or drop a mail that you are going to be late.

Those are both largely admin things to be honest; overall good raid. 3 bosses down with three people we don't normally raid with including a healer and a tank is pretty darn good. I especially liked that we only needed to shard one thing - and it was something that no tank in the guild would need anyways:)

I guess last thing and we are normally pretty good about it but we need to be careful not to cut off raid leader when he is explaining a strategy and also if he asks for something a certain way it is usually for a reason...after all we are ni and slightly impressive in our very own way:)
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

nobody should say cupcake if the raid leader is talking, end of story in my opinion.

the calendar is a must, i'll leave it at that.

The Helpful

re: Re: April 27th

Tifone wrote:

we need to be careful not to cut off raid leader when he is explaining a strategy and also if he asks for something a certain way it is usually for a reason.

^

The Helpful

who did you guys get down?

yrs-
Ejunk!
dlmok
In-Game Rank 8
The Casual

Halfus and Magmaw

The healer did alright Pirtuk could probly give some pointers.
Goverment's gear seems to be ok just needs to work on his tanking ways or I need to get better gear for healing. Overall a good night raiding with some new peep in the raid.
ejunk
In-Game Lowest Rank
The Helpful

ah, so just two. I asked cause toomey said "3 bosses down." not that 2 isn't commendable, but getting halfus, magmaw and ODS (or something else) in a single night would be cause for celebration.
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

just an fyi, spoke to govt post raid. he tanked the parasites in dps spec, so im guessing what we need os someone to guide him on gearing for OT, and how its run. we need a DK officer. really we need to fill all the spots, so that we dont run into this issue.

we're sliding back into taking just anyone raiding, i havent sen s large number of the people who rid pot anything in their class forums, so i have no idea what of anything has been done to make sure they are raid ready.

i think this is an area we as officers can have direct effect on how raids go, by preempting any issues.''

also, we need a pre raid spiel anytime we have a new person running. where we explain vent protocol during raids, b-rez priority, and anything of that line . new people may fail simply because they arent aware of our expectations.

@Beeastt - I will work on a pre raid spiel (I will run it by short so it can be uniform btwn the two raids). As for taking anyone on raids...I was actually fairly careful on this for who I took on the run. I knew pirt was going to be unavailable and started looking for healers - I thought Gucci worked out perfectly and I think she is fine (or maybe even desires) to be a sub healer for raids.

I was actually going to offer to griff or badear to miss that night and let another tank aka government come in and try it. I thought it would be a good idea for two reasons - neither one of them need any gear off the first three bosses and it would give them a break. Govt has the potential to be a good tank for us but I agree we need to get him updated with our policies/procedures. For instance I would never call for a tank to do a b rez unless the situation was just right and quite frankly in our runs it almost always makes more sense for one of our multitude of druid dps to do it (I don't even like to have a healer do it b/c normally if we are loosing people we need the extra up time to catch up). Along with that goes the fact that we only get one and it needs to be used smartly and not hap-hazardly so that is why we started calling for it.

As for the tank vs dps spec I asked him at least three times to do it in tank spec. He acknowledged me at least once and then said I am going to do it in dps spec...not sure where the disconect was there.

Our other sub was blazenharry which was brought in instead of kroniks...not sure about what went on there but blazen is currently tanking with short and and I know he is geared on both toons for raids so I was confident he would be able to do it.

But I do totally agree we need to fill out the rest of our officers but we also need to be careful with who it is...the only thing worse than having no officer is having one who won't respond to you. As for right now I am fine with covering mage and priest (need to work on keeping the two straight though - which can use swords?Happy That still leaves DK, pally, rogue, and warlock. I know two specs for pally's but to be honest do not understand their healing spec confused You do have two excellent players out there playing pallies though in Lamaya and DL. Both of which I think have the personal and class knowledge to do a bang up job of it. As for DK, rogue, and warlock there is just no one jumping out at me - looks behind door for a sneaky rogue waiting to backstab me:)

Ok I think I have covered a gambit of enough topics but to sum up:
1) Owe short a preraid spiel
2) Govt cannot commit to raid nights but may be a viable tank sub but we need to make sure is aware of how we run raids first
3) We need class officer (we got some pally candidates out there but need to grow the rest from w/in).
4) Need to develop our bench a little better (see 1 and 2 for specific examples of this:)
Griffygriff
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

I agree in general, but want to point out a couple things.

1) You asked Government to tank the worms in FROST spec several times, which isn't a tank spec. The only tank spec for DKs now is Blood. I don't know which works better for that fight, but that's where the misunderstanding happened I think.

2)Government ragequit the guild yesterday, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Post Raid Analysis All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: