Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Outstanding Healers of Ni Organization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MandolinRain
In-Game Rank 4
The Bashful

re: Breakthrough!

Because of the new patch and my new PC, I had to reinstall all of my add-ons. I thought I'd try something new as far as my healing add-ons were concerned. Sorry, HealBot.

I installed Grid and Clique. I cannot tell you how much.... simpler and more pretty these addons are compared to HealBot. I've always had issues in 25-man raids with healbot - I couldn't see the names of the players no matter how much I adjusted the colors/layout/etc. of HealBot. Plus, it would take up pretty much all of my screen. Grid makes this much more streamlined, attractive, and simple. SO simple. <3

I used this youtube video to get an idea on how the addons work. It was made for a Protadin, but the basic concepts are the same. I was a little ware of using Clique because it would complicate the number of click-key combinations I would have to use. In HealBot, I could left click and right click without worrying. BUT! You can set up Clique so that it only executes those combinations you set up when it is in Grid. AND (!!) you can set spells up so that you merely have to mouseover the player in Grid and hit the key. For example, I have "K" linked to Blessing of Kings. I just have to mouseover the player and hit "K" for it to go off. No clicking involved!

I also used this youtube video as a general introduction to Grid.

Try these addons out - you'll be so happy that you did. Happy
Pirtuk
In-Game Rank 2
The Casual

re: Breakthrough!

I was using Clique and standard frames when Healbot wasn't working for Shammy's.

I agree that you can get things set up much simpler, but I am not sure that I wouldn't spend a lot of time setting up Grid to do basically what Healbot already does.....

Good to keep in mind though, because I don't know the long term viability of Healbot. Its developer seems kinda flaky.

Pirt

Jump to: