Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beeastt
In-Game Rank 8
The Helpful

re: New content, vanilla methods, great advice.

Unlearn bad habits

Basically, it all comes down to good habits vs. bad habits. Gear inflation created in many players (including a lot of warriors) the idea that it was OK and even desirable to just unleash hell at a moment's notice, to pull constantly without worrying about mana or threat. People would create a false sense of urgency by constantly hectoring other players to go faster, pull more and generally burn through the instance, not as if playing a game for fun but rather as if cleaning out raingutters or cleaning up animal feces.

Frankly, this attitude has always existed; it's not unique to Wrath. (As any BC-era warrior tank who was rejected for a 5-man because "a paladin/druid can put out more AoE" remembers.) But in Wrath, a spiraling gear curve, much stronger AoE threat for tanks, new tanking class and rather sweeping changes to the grouping system (a new LFD tool that was so far improved as to almost defy explanation) combined to create a moment of absolute saturation for the impatient players who wanted to burn through a dungeon as fast as possible.

Make no mistake: This is behavior that the opening months of Cataclysm will punish you for, especially as a warrior. Tank responsibly, making sure to let your healer regain mana and not to stress her or him unduly with super large pulls. Ignore any complaints about pace. DPS with an eye towards using AoE only when threat has been established or CC isn't in range. Do not try and zerg every pull. If you do this, you should be OK and find that despite all the changes, Cataclysm is not an entirely new game to you.

excerpted from the following article: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/19/the-care-and-feeding-of-warriors-returning-to-your-wow-warrior/#continued

Here is the thing , Blizzard is probably going with that approach to bring back older MMO players that liked that style since the regular players will buy it no matter what but after a couple month release and a lot of QQ they will probably be back to the Wrath formula .

I miss the real 5 man HEROICS that were FUN and not a ''daily'' or ''a chore'' and meant dps watching threat , crowd controlling, waiting for mana for healers, etc etc but even though they will bring back some of it the constant QQ will not make it permanent .

But what do I care? I'm not staying for Cataclysm , hope you all have a lot of fun with it though. tongue out

Griffygriff
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

I'm very confused about who CrazyJedi is, but I agree with them on this. The article does a good job of summing up the current situation in Wrath, but I have little faith that we won't have the same problems popping up again a few months from now.

However, the alternative to "welfare epics" inflating the gear is to force new players and new alts to gear up through the entire raid progression to join their guildies. Very few people actually got to raid vanilla stuff and upper level BC stuff, and I wouldn't want to go back to that.
CrazyJedi
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

I wouldn't want to get back to Vanilla in anyway since only hardcore dedicated guilds could experience end game but there was nothing wrong about how 5 man heroics were in Burning Crusade in my honest opinion except for heroic MT when it came and Shadow Labs( I think that was the other hard one) it was ''heroic'' and gave really good upgrades that geared you into raids but aside from the gear the experience was hard enough to be above regular dungeons and easy enough to not be considered a mini raid.

It was the perfect middle in my opinion because at the end of it all it was fun instead of a ''sigh another day and I need to farm my daily random dungeon so I can get my points and then go do dailies and farm stuff''

<CRAZY>jedi :P

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Warrior All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: