Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

re: To the priests out there(ok maybe it is just me) -Raiding?

Hello, I am Toomey your friendly mage CO. I am also doubling as the priest CO right now since I am the only raiding (or for that matter 85) priest in the guild right now. My toons name is Stynus and I am one of the main raiding healers for the guild. So when I first started my goal was to reach max level. But then I didn’t know what to do. What else was there? Well one option is to raid (and IMO the better) which is a great part of the game. So here is what you need to know.
To begin raiding you do need to work & earn your spot. If you have no prior raiding experience THAT'S FINE. This guild is very good at getting new raiders in & helping them grow. These are the things you will be responsible for:

- Sign up here so we can check your gear, spec, dps, ect. Tell me in your post what spec/role you are planning on doing (shadow – I want to melt faces/discipline – I like pretty bubbles/holy – angels are cool).

- Must have know how to thoroughly play your spec in PvE. (yes you must decurse, dispel & keep others alive and LEAP OF FAITH PIMP every time it is off cooldown!)

- Must have mostly heroic 5 man gear (iLevel 346) or above with the appropriate (but not necessarily the most expensive) enchants and gems. Working on gear takes time, DO NOT go AH crazy and shop for 346 pieces just for the number, get gear appropriate for your spec. This means reputation gear, Justice point gear, and Heroic drops. Head and exalted shoulder enchants are a must!

- Must be able to reliably attend 2 raid nights a week. Right now those nights are Wednesday and Saturday from 7:15pm-10pm server time (Central US). Real-life comes first BUT Ni still needs to know. Remember, it may be a game but in raids we are a team... people are counting on you! This is especially true if you are a disc or holy priest – while you can pug a dps finding a reliable healer from outside the guild is really hard.

- Must have a good idea of how the current boss fight works from watching videos or reading strategies. Don't go in blind and expect to wing it, you're a liability to the raid at that point. Videos of the strategies we use are posted in Raid forums and also on youtube. We generally use Yogscast & Tankspot guides.

- Must be signed up for the raid on the in-game calendar. This doesn't guarantee you a spot, but it let's the raid leader know if we will have enough people to raid that night. Be online ON TIME!!!!!!

- In raids we need to max our performance. Bring appropriate food, pots, reagents to optimize your spec. We do have the Seafood Magnifique and guild cauldron but if we run out or you're the 8th ni using a cauldrom (they serve 7) you'll need your own backup supply.

Remember, it's not expected that you already meet all of these requirements at this time! We can help you get there! Ask to join in on the 5 man runs and let us know early. If you noticed there was no requirement on dps here. That is because once you show interest I will either que with you to run a 5 man or work with you at a practice dummy to see what your rotation looks like and the dps you are putting out. Now post me your spec
awesomecrepsley

re: raid team

heyy im crepsley, new to KWSN. i want aon a raiding team but have only done first boss BoT and BH(i think) and have attempted magmaw with old guild. atm i am 356ilvl holy priest

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tifone
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

Crepsley, glad to have you aboard. Please sign up for next wed raid (25man). A couple things I noticed about your gear/spec. First, i would suggest you use askmrrobot.com to get a feel for your reforges and enchants on your gear. Before we take you on a raid we would want you to have your gear enchanted with at least the second tier enchants. If you need help with this let me know and feel free to ask for/take enchants out of the guild bank that you need.

Next I had a couple questions about your spec and why you chose/didn't choose a couple talents.

First it looked like you are missing all your glyphs. Can you put the ones in that you want to use?

Second you used 33 points in holy (only need 31) and you took a couple talents that are not normal and I was wondering what your strategy with those talents is:

1) Blessed Resilience (you took 2/2)
2) Divine Fury (you took 3/3)
3) Body and Soul (you took 0/2)
4) Veiled Shadows (you took 0/2)

I am not saying that you need to change but I just want to understand why you took the stuff you did so that I can use you to the fullest potential and if you play the class differently then me and I need to understand how.

Look forward to raiding with you on Wed.

-Stynus
Pirtuk
In-Game Rank 2
The Casual

Altha is 85

Sweet looking forward to her healing a raid or two:)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Priest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: