Most Recent Images

Who's Online

Last Forum Posts

Poll Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Short's Blog Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shortngeeky
Shortngeeky
In-Game Guild Master
The Helpful

re: What was your most memorable noobie moment?

Read http://kwsnnews.blogspot.com/2011/05/what-was-your-most-memorable-noobie.html then post yours!

The Helpful

My most memorable noobie moment had to be my first "raid". You will understand why I put it in quotes by the time you finish reading. I was in this guild on another realm with a lot of people who had just decided to make a low level guild (this was still back in the vanilla days.) Our first two people had hit max level in preperations for BC being released. We had all heard about this thing called raiding but no one had done it. We knew you needed a lot of people and got to kill stuff.

Somehow we thought it meant you went to a horde town and killed everything in sight...so we got all of the guildies together (all the way down to our level 10 people I think) formed a raid group (took a little bit to figure that out) and went and "raided" the town in the barrens. We last about 3 min until horde starting showing up and just slaughtering us. I am also pretty sure that we were using the in game voice chat too...it was weird because that was a relatively new feature back then. It is very funny to think about now...that toon is still on that server (and still only level 67 I think).

After that I never tried raiding again till I got to ni and was edumucated on how to properly gear, prepare and then raid:) And let me tell you there were a lot of sites Short and the others sent me to so I could read up and get smart on what it meant to be a raider.
Griffygriff
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

I've talked about this before, but when I first started going on the low level achievement raids with you guys, I had no idea how to see the health bars of the entire raid group (and I was a healer!). I was too embarassed to ask and kept forgetting to look it up, so when short would say "which healer wants which tank?" I would just say whichever tank happened to be in my group.

Then came the day when I was specifically assigned to a tank who was in another group, and I said "sooooo how do I see everyone's health bars".....dead silence. Someone finally said "well, that's not something you wanna hear from your healer" (not sure who, didn't know the voices then). Short told me how to drag out Ye Olde Tiny Default Raidframes of Absurdity, and I made due with that until I discovered addons.

Healers these days are so spoiled with their useable default interfaces...sigh.
dlmok
In-Game Rank 8
The Casual

Well it was back in BC I was lvl 58 I think and I seen this druid a few lvls below me and was running around in bommkin form and I couldn't figured out how he got to be boomkin. I later discoverd that the talent tree scrolled down and there was more talents in the balance tree.
Adynia
In-Game Lowest Rank
The Bashful

Well, I started out on a pvp server as you all know if you read my post. I was constantly being attacked and camped ALL the time over there. After a few months of playing my brother talks me into going to the realm - Gnomeregan - which happens to be PVE. I was still relatively new to gaming. The game I played before was something where any player could kill you and take all your gear. I got my player set up on Gnomer and every single time I saw a horde, I would run like hell the other direction. My mother was leveling with me too at the time so she would just follow. That went on for at least a month before someone explained to me, "You know they can't kill you unless you're flagged right?"
Fennrarr
In-Game Lowest Rank
The Casual

I could not for the life of me determine what gear I needed and never assigned talent points. I think I went all the way to level 30 without doing talent points and wearing everything that just looked like an upgrade leather, cloth, items that had intellect, spirit and agility. Then I got into a guild and my whole World Of Warcraft changed. That was BC timeframe, just look at me now! I are the UBER NOOB!

What is that? I never had a moment like that.
:P

I think one was not figuring out how to get out of the east side of The Hinterlands , you know that far side where you can jump next to the big waterfall into the beach below with all those turtles on the beach and the troll town on the south side.I always missed the little path on the south to get back up to the Hinterlands( I found it on Cataclysm , thats how noobie this was for me I went ''ooooooh so here is where I get out of this hell hole of a place.) So back then in Burning Crusade time I ended up swimming all the way to Wetlands somehow.Needless its to say it wasn't my most proudest or fun time moment at all .

The other was trying to find the darn entrances to dungeons on BlackRock Mountain, I had to always ask for a summon and follow someone or else I would get lost.

CrazyJedi
In-Game Rank 2
The Helpful

I just remembered another while leveling my main.I didn't knew what AFK meant (yes I know , but hey not my first language ) and I remember being somewhere in a group and someone saying the healer is afk......I thought he was insulting the guy and I just pulled some mobs and we all died.You can imagine why and how the rest goes after that.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Who Say Ni Forum Index -> Short's Blog Question All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: